Once your pre-licensing course has been completed and the minimum time requirement has been met, a final course exam is required for successful course completion.
The Virginia Real Estate Board requires the exam to be proctored. This exam is at the end of the course and should not be confused with the Virginia Real Estate Licensing Exam, which is taken at the testing vendor for the State of Virginia, PSI. While some real estate schools charge a fee for this final course exam, we do not. Advanced School of Real Estate serves as proctor for your final course exams. Exams are administered virtually through Zoom and can be taken from anywhere there is a dependable internet connection. A webcam is required. Please see Exam Policies and Procedures for device information.
Final course exams must be taken and a successful grade received within the six-month course enrollment period. We recommend testing within 30 days of completing required course hours. Need more time? Click here for more information.
Scheduling Final Exam
- May 26 8:00 a.m. (closed)
- May 26 4:00 p.m. (closed)
- May 31 8:00 a.m.
- June 1 6:00 p.m.
New Dates Added Weekly
We ask that students register for one testing date per exam. Once exam results are received, you may then register for another testing date, if needed.
About the Exam
Your final course exam consists of two portions, Va. Law and National. One portion is taken per testing session. They can be taken in any order.
The number of questions and the time allotted reflects the Virginia Real Estate Licensing Exam (PSI).
National: 80 questions | Time allotted: 105 minutes | Passing grade: 70% | 56 correct required to pass
State (Va. Law): 40 questions | Time allotted: 45 minutes | Passing grade: 75% | 30 correct required to pass
exam policies and procedures:
- Please read Proctored Exam Policies and Procedures before registering for exam.
- Utilize the Proctored Exam Format Example to become familiar with the testing format.
- Log on to Zoom 5-10 minutes prior to exam to allow time to receive your exam. Students arriving after scheduled exam time will NOT be admitted to the testing session.
- Exam is available for students who are within six-month enrollment period. If outside of enrollment period, please see Course Extension/Retake Information below.
State Licensing Exam
Upon successful completion of the final course exam, your passing results will be uploaded to PSI, the testing vendor for the State of Virginia.